It’s a sad statistic: about 800,000 children are reported missing every year in America. And while 97% of them are recovered, consider the other 3 percent. Human trafficking, prostitution and sexual slavery, forced labor, even poverty-stricken parents selling their children to pay off their debts…all these things are alive and well. And in Baltimore, in the WoD, they’re positively thriving.
Even worse, Baltimore is home to a relatively new Black Spiral Hive, formerly a Glass Walker sept. Beyond the simple, brutal loss of Gaian holy ground to the forces of the Wyrm, information also fell into the hands of the enemy, including (for a brief time, you hope) access to the Glass Walkers’ computer network, GWNet.
The GWs’ network of contacts, allies, and Kinfolk have all been compromised, and few Glass Walkers — or any Garou — remain to send out the alarm or come to the aid of the more mundane allies of the Garou. The beleaguered Fianna sept can spare little time or effort beyond phone calls.
And so, when a lost Kinfolk child shows up on the Brewery doorstep with a tale to tell of kidnapping, it falls once again to the new blood of Last Call to re-establish ties with the city’s Gaian Kinfolk…and perhaps, to uncover another Black Spiral plot. The Spirals’ hands may not be idle, but they certainly do the devil’s work.